Job descriptions lay a foundation to many other HR-related programs.
They should be well-written and recent. It’s basically a menu of the things an employee does in that job. Putting this together properly allows everyone – applicants, employees, and the employer – to be on the same page. Accurate job descriptions, along with a great handbook help employers immensely in avoiding potential litigation because everything is documented and updated in accordance with changing laws and regulations.
- Identify essential job functions.
- Define roles for individual positions clearly and concisely.
- Become regulatory compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Support your internal programs.
- Allow employees and applicants to know the general nature of the work, responsibilities and duties.
- Allow both employees and supervisors to connect duties with outcomes and accountabilities during performance evaluations.
- Allow recruiters to identify the employee characteristics and other qualifications required for the job.
- Allow compensation analysts to internally order or classify jobs and match them to market information, which helps to establish pay levels.
- Use them as a tool to understand career development and progression, which also supports the talent management and succession planning processes.
Consulting rates: $175/hour (multi-service bundle discounts available)
Job Description rates: $100/per position (our Total HR Management Services packages include this at no additional costs).
Call or email for quotes or for more information on how we can help with your specific project.