An estimated 70 percent to 90 percent of all M&As fail to achieve their anticipated strategic and financial objectives. This rate of failure is often attributed to various HR-related factors, such as incompatible cultures, management styles, poor motivation, loss of key talent, lack of communication, diminished trust and uncertainty of long-term goals.
Audax HR helps clients, venture capital and private equity groups develop strategies from due diligence to integration or divesture around human capital management to make sure clients are prepared to maximize results.
- Communicating with employees at every step in the M&A process with both an appropriate level of disclosure and an appropriate level of confidentiality to facilitate a smooth transition without loss of productivity or profit.
- Devising ways to meld the two organizations most effectively, efficiently and humanely for the various stakeholders.
- Focusing on employee selection and downsizing and retaining key employees
- Dealing with the reality that M&As usually result in layoffs of superfluous employees under the combined organization. This reality entails coordinating separation and severance pay issues between the combining organizations.
- Developing compensation and benefit strategies for the combined organization as needed.
- Proactively avoiding legal issues for violation of federal and state anti-discrimination laws and the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
- Anticipate and participating in the defense of lawsuits with your legal consul that may be brought as a result of a merger or acquisition.
- Addressing the ethical dilemmas involved, in which an HR professional may be required to eliminate his or her own position, the position of a current co-worker, or the position of an HR counterpart in the combining organization.
- Assimilate cultures as quickly as possible.
- Create new policies to guide the new organization.
Consulting rates: $175/hour or multi-service bundle discounts available.
Call or email for quotes or for more information on the complexity and hours projected for your specific project.